Monday, February 2, 2009

Growing Pains

So last night, I got a call from Ro-she wanted to tell me her idea, which was "for me and daddy and you and jack to all go to the 'fittier' together"(movie theater). Well, apparently she had called earlier and i didn't get the voice mail she left until later that night. When i heard it, almost everything inside me wanted to take away the last 6 months, to go back to my marriage and home and the way our life was before. It was her little 4 year old voice, prompted by her dad, calling to tell me goodnight... except that she started to cry. i could hear her little sobs and sniffles, while she tried to stutter through what he was trying to tell her to say-just listening to that, hearing her go from calling to say goodnight to saying "mommy, please when you get this will you just call me because i'm really sad and would you bring me a flower in the morning?" It was the most heartbreaking thing I've heard since.... well since two weeks ago, when she started crying in bed, while we were snuggled up to go to sleep for the night. I've been letter her sleep w/me at least once a night and it was one of the hardest things to watch, her little body shaking and real, grown-up tears flowing from my babys' eyes.
Like I said, it's all i can do to stop everything and just make it all better for her. As a mother, I'd rather it be better for her than myself.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry, Kristia. I can't imagine how hard this must be -- for all of you. I know you're doing what you feel is best for you and the kids. They'll understand that someday when they're older. They really will. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete