Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tulips and Butterflies

"when you're weary, feelin small, when tears are in your eyes, i will dry them all.... i'm on your side, oh when times get rough and friends just can't be found, like a bridge over troubled water i will lay me down"
I hope no one is ever annoyed or offended at my lack of punctuation/capitalization.
So, sometimes life gives you "tulips and butterflies". When I talk to Rosie on the phone, no matter where she is, she always says
"hey, hey mama-you know what would be a good idea? (i deeeaaa?) maybe you could catch me a butterfly or bring me some more tulips-waddyou think about that, because you know I love flowers huh?"
Honestly, it's been her theme since the seperation. It always makes me happy to listen to her chirp on about how much she loves me and loves flowers and butterflies. It's kind of a lifesaver to me, to hear that reminder of how I'm doing as a mom, how she's doing as a little girl, etc. So sometimes that's what happiness means to me--tulips and butterflies.
This morning, when I dropped them both off at their new preschool/daycare place, they ran down to the playroom. As i was leaving, i stepped down to kiss them and saw Jack, standing in front of a toy kitchen with a fake bottle of ketchup and a fake pickle. He turned and, with the most joyful face said, "mama, i good boy, i cookin!" Now the thing to know about JackieBoy is that he has the cutest voice ever--it's very innocent and he uses a lot of voice inflection--so everything comes out sounding super exciting. "i GOOD boy, i COOKin!"
Tonight we'll be off to the Sunflower Market to buy Kale, spinach and maybe (barf) chard/collards for our green smoothies. If you've never heard of them, I encourage you to check out greensmoothiegirl.com
You won't regret it, if you're open minded.

1 comment:

  1. Tulips and butterflies. I love it. You are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete